Tuesday 11 October 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - earring display cards

Yippee! I'm back on the internet! We've had a very erratic connection over the last four or five days. We've tried everything we can to sort it out at our end but we've come to the conclusion that it must be to do with the work that Virgin (our provider) is doing in Southampton at the moment, as the problem only seems to be during the working day! I was very annoyed yesterday as I finally had sometime during the day to get some admin jobs done and couldn't do half of them.


Anyway, at least it's working again now so I can share this very quick tutorial with you. I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve my displays for craft shows, partly to make everything look more attractive, and also so that I can set some jewellery up at home and so reduce the time needed to set things up on the stall on the day. I'm selling alot of stud earrings at shows at the moment and I did have them on brown card folded in half to form a tent. They didn't stand up very well after a little while though, and didn't look that attractive. This is my next idea, and Mum is going to be trying it out for me at her coffee morning on Thursday. I've used a punch to cut out little tags from brown card and I've used watermark ink to stamp a flower on the front. I use the same tags and stamp to make the tags on my gift bags, but a pink flower on ivory card. Dusky pink ribbon has been threaded through the top and holes pushed through for the earwires. I've started making a display board for the tags to hang from, but they actually stand up really nicely as they are so I'm going to leave them like that for Thursday! I'm going to write the prices in pencil on the bottom corner so that they can be rubbed out and the whole tag put in a gift bag.

The tags were very quick and easy to make, and I was especially pleased that I only used materials I already had. even the display board is being made from things I already have around the house. So, a quick question for you - what quick, easy and cheap ideas for craft displays do you have to share?

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I've just pinned it on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic idea thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look good. I've tried the tent idea as well. Where did you get the punch from to make the tags?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the pin Mary! I haven't made it over to pinterest yet - I'll have to go and have a look!

    Fiona - the punch is a Quickutz die that I've had for years. I like the shape of it, and also the fact that the hole at the top is cut at the same time as cutting the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea - they look lovely. I always struggle to find good ways to display my stuff at craft fairs. I've been collecting picnic baskets to use for display (and transportation!) this year. I hope they will look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, thanks for sharing it. I'm always switching the way I display my earrings - they are all drop earrings so I think they look better with a bit of swing! This weekend I'm trying a new method... I have two old candle holders that are basically a metal spiral in a cone shape. I've got tiny clear elastic bands to stop the earrings sliding down and just hang them off the holder at intervals. Just hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are beautiful - great idea they look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of the candle holders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice thanks for sharing, such a good idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank. This is a fantastic idea!! Exactly what I was looking for!! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails