Tuesday 7 April 2009

Thank you!

Thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving me recently - it's always nice to know that there are real people behind the numbers in the stat counter! I'm glad that people found the bangles post interesting. I have to admit that I didn't actually write it with the intention of writing a tutorial. Daft really, as teaching and writing projects and tutorials are part of how I make a living! It was more of a "here's me making my favourite piece of jewellery" post, but I guess that a tutorial is what it turned into! With that in mind, I've added a bit of info to it, namely how to work out how much silver you need for your bangle.

And there's another piece of information I need to give too - Qiotre, you asked how long it takes to make a bangle. To be honest that's a bit difficult to ask as I tend to work in a bit of a 'conveyor belt' method as it’s a more efficient use of my time – I tend to cut the wire for half a dozen or so bangles at one time and then file them all at the same time, solder them all at the same time etc. I can tell you that most silversmithing students I teach, even the complete beginners, complete a bangle easily in a 3 hour session, and that on a good day I can complete about half a dozen simple bangles in a day, fewer than that if they are more complicated bangles like my silver birch ones.


I've got a bit of blog catching up to do. I've got bits of info to give you, new designs to show you and so on - so expect a few posts over the next day or so. I've let them pile up while spring fever has had me sorting old cupboards for the charity shop and painting the hallway! The first thing I need to do, though, is say another thank you, this time to Vicky as she gave me a blog award last month. So, thank you Vicky, and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to post about it!



The award is the Lemonade Award, and it's awarded for "a positive attitude towards others and their blogs" which I'm chuffed about. It's probably given because I read so many blogs - take a look at the list of blogs I follow on my profile page! As always, there are rules attached to the award, and they are:
1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2.Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great Gratitude and/or Attitude.
3.Let them know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blog.
4.Nominate your favorites and link to your post

I've nominated people whose blogs I enjoy reading and find an inspiration, either because they craft beautiful items or have a wonderful attitude to life, or both! And they are:
Nicky - Sparkly Treasures
Laura - Beads by Laura

Kyoko – Cotton and Cloud

AliceRaspberry

Laura – Bugs and Fishes

Anne – Contrariwise

Lisa – U-handbag

Monda-loves

Lu – Blu-shed

Kirsty – That Crafty Fish


Right, I'd better go and let them know they've been nominated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails